Saturday, December 17, 2011

Psalms 62: 5-8 reading

Psalms 62:5-8

"Find rest, o my soul, in God alone. my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, i will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."

Let's DIG deeper:
  1. Refuge means, n.) That which shelters or protects from danger, or from distress or calamity; a stronghold which protects by its strength, or a sanctuary which secures safety by its sacredness; a place inaccessible to an enemy. (n.) An expedient to secure protection or defense; a device or contrivance. (v. t.) To shelter; to protect. (n.) Shelter or protection from danger or distress.
  2. Rock means, a person or thing suggesting a rock, esp in being dependable, unchanging, or providing firm foundation
  3. Salvation means, the act of saving or protecting from harm, risk, loss, destruction, etc.
    the state of being saved or protected from harm, risk, etc., a source, cause, or means of being saved or protected from harm, risk, deliverance from the power and penalty of sin; redemption.
Reflection: as I read this passage and reflect on speaking on this yesterday at our women's bible study... oooh what comfort this brings me and should bring you. To rest in God, gives me peace in Him, peace in my circumstances. To say the Lord is my Rock, He is dependable, unchanging and provides for me a solid foundation to which I stand on. To have salvation, is to be protected from harm of the world, gives me deliverance from this world into Heaven, abundantly rich life, which is not of this physical world. But of Heaven, which was created by God himself. Friends, wow I am truely enjoying diving into His word and soaking in it.
"Let Go, Let God"
* my favorite sayings, I probably say on a DAILY basis.


My prayer: is that you will to enjoy the passage and you to will soak in it this weekend.

Merry Christmas Friends.
~Anita Smithson

No comments:

Post a Comment