Monday, December 5, 2011

Overflowing Cup~ Press In, Persevere, Press On Part#1

Reading today from Enjoying Everyday Life, by Joyce Meyer Ministry... My reflection:


Press In, Persevere, Press On
Part #1
As I reflect on this reading, I will do so in a overall of 3 posts this week. There are 3 verses that she shares with us and ask us to memorize them, cut them out and post them somewhere that we can reflect on over and over, and also re write them in our own words, so that we may understand them in relation to our personal lives. So I ask as I share these with you, that you do so.

During the holidays, so many of us have struggles, stress and difficulties. Which feel so overwhelming and frustrating at times. Don't they? It seems as if they Magnify especially right before Christmas, as though Satan tends to Lazor in on our "hot buttons or situations". But we need to remember friends, that we are not in control, Satan is not in control- yes we have the freedom to Choose to focus on the negative things in our lives, allow our lives to be brought down or feel overwhelmed <OR> we can trust and believe we will be okay, God has us and will get us out of the situation/ that He will provide ALL our needs, not some but ALL.

In the reading Joyce talks about taking a closer look at the difficulties or situations in our lives and How? We can press in, persevere and press on... I would suggest before we get started, get out a piece of paper and write down some things that are happening right now that are frustrating, overwhelmed situations, financial struggles, emmotional battles or relationships that might be straining. Write them down and leave spaces between each one. Some of us might only have a few things right now on that list but some may have more then 10 things written down~ thats okay. The purpose of writting them down is now they are written and infront of us... later I will explain what you can do with this list a bit later in the reading. Once you have the lsit completed. Continue to read on...

The first verse Joyce shares with us ~
Jeremiah 29:11
"I know what I am doing. I have it all planned out- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

Now after reading the verse above, lets now reflect on the list we wrote. Take it and put it infront of you. Based on the truth above in the verse from the bible- God's promise to us (which can never be taken from you, you find this in your Secret Place with the Lord/ your Heart) Pray over the list and take each one of the things you wrote down and reflect- ask the Lord to release you of them, lift them up to the Lord and give them to him. Declare what you want to happen and Speak it out, ask it from the Lord. " {Take a stance and say, I will not allow these things to hold me back from accomplishing my goals the Lord has for me! I will not let them hold me back from having a wonderful life the Lord has already planned for me. I will not allow the negative things in my life, to bring me down or hurt me anymore. I rebuke Satan and all his ways." and so on.... }

I ask you: What is holding you back from having a closer relationship with those you love? What is holding you back from having a closer relationship with the Lord? What is holding you back from accomplishing your goals or having a positive life?

GET RID OF IT, and Press In, Persevere and Press On!
Let Go, Let God... He is much Bigger then any issue or problem.

(My personal reflection of this reading) When I had took a look at my life a few years back. I realized there were things, people and situations holding me back, harming my family and the life we wanted to have for our children. As a couple, we decided to take a stance and Get rid of those things that were not positive or pleasing to the Lord. We chose to ONLY accept to have close to us, positive things and positive people. We chose to commit to a better life for our kids, to Press In to what we knew was Good- the church, friends that were positive and each other- building our family close.

Ask yourself: What decisions do you feel lead to make? What situations may you have to change around- in order to have a better one? In life, God has given us the Freedom of Choice? A choice to follow Him and live by His word or to live of the World.

I hope that you enjoyed reading this post tonight. I will share another verse from Joyce on Wednesday evening. Have a wonderful night! Please, if you would choose to FOLLOW my blog, by entering your email in the box on main page. And share this with your friends and family.

~Anita

Comment if you fee lead, would love to hear your reflection or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment